Social Media is huge right now! There is a lot of competiton for attention to your posts.
If you don't get their attention in just seconds in the news feed, you're toast. Here are 10 tips that might help give you some ideas.
1. The Army Sargent Headline- this headline commands your reader to do something. It’s like a do it now shout.
E.g. Make a difference today. Pray for Your Kids Right Now, Don''t Miss This Principle on Parenting.
2. The Promise of Advice Headline- this promises to give your reader useful help by using words like secrets, tips (note how I used that in my headline!), laws, rules, steps etc
E.g. Top 10 Tips for Reaching the Hurting in Your Town, Steps to a More Inviting Service
3. The User Review Headline- provides your reader with someone else’s review of your ministry. This works very well when you target your ad to a demographic that has the endorser in your readers’ Facebook profile interests.
E.g. Dr. "famous speaker" Enjoys Our Books or Senator Nelson Impressed With Our Students
4. The Authentic Headline- uses authentic yet peculiar facts that provides honest and truthful copy that can be trusted
E.g. Children's Ministry Director Explains How to Teach Truth
5. The "Are You Like Me" Headline- this asks your reader a question about a pre-existing desire compelling them to say “yes, me too” or “ yes, I do”
E.g. Who Wants to Enjoy Prayer More?, Who Hates Being Scared to Share the Gospel?;
6. The Deal with Headline- works like a charm for problems of all kinds such as spiritual struggles, raising kids, dealing with tempations, etc
E.g. Deal with Discouragement, Deal with Kids Who are Afraid of the Dark
7. The Quick Way Headline- offers your reader an easy and fast way to solve an irritating problem in their lives.
E.g. Quick Way to Engage Visitors, Quick Ways to Reach More Families.
8. The Be Like Someone Headline- this headline tells your reader to be like someone they look up to.
E.g. Pray Like Spurgeon, Write Like C.S. Lewis, Preach Like John Piper
9. The Finally Here it is Headline- shows readers how they can finally have an answer to a need or fulfill a dream they have had for a long time.
E.g. Finally, Here it is. Understand How to Study Proverbs. Finally, Here it is. You can Memorize Scripture.
10. The Have Something You Can Be Proud of Headline- this appeals to the readers sense of accomplishment.
E.g. Have a Budget that Allows You to Give More to Others, Have a Youth Program That Develops Leaders.
Hope these 10 headline tips sky rocket your ad’s click-through rates. What are some other ideas that have worked for you?
- Mike Glanzer
Purpose Launch, LLC Advancement